In 2020, the George Briscoe Kerferd Oration will be delivered by Cathy McGowan AO on Sunday, 26 July in Beechworth. This year’s Oration oration will consider ‘the Australia we want’, with a focus on the engagement of young people across Indigo Shire in the lead up to the Oration”
The Position The Project Officer will work closely with Cathy and a sub-committee on the design and delivery of this project. The project will commence in early March and run for a period of 12 weeks.
Specific additional responsibilities will include
● Develop a database of communities, clubs and organisations within Indigo Shire which are open to developing participatory governance models which would engage and mentor young people;
● Manage, monitor and handle day to day social media activity relating to the project;
● Organise a number of local events for young people to showcase and give ‘voice’ to their aspirations;
● Facilitate and liaise between young people and relevant organisations, when opportunities become available;
● Develop a kit which will allow the outcomes of the project to be replicated in other areas or industries; and
● Encourage participation and attendance by young people at the 2020 Oration.
If you’re interested in this role, please send a (maximum) one page expression of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org by COB Tuesday, 25 February 2020. If you have any questions about the role, please email email@example.com